Madden NFL 07 Online Tips and Hints
Madden NFL 07 Online Tips and Hints
- This year, with the addition of the Run to Daylight feature, the size of your running back now influences the types of moves he makes around defenders. A big, bruising-type RB will now try to run defenders over like in Madden NFL 06; a smaller RB will attempt to work around his defender. We recommend the use of RBs such as Shaun Alexander and L.T., since they can perform both big and small running animations?they're most effective because they can do all the moves to avoid being brought down.
- We haven't seen many online players using the new Lead Blocking Control feature?if you learn how to use it effectively, you'll be one step ahead of everyone else.
- This year's play action pass is as deadly in a run game as it was last year. If you throw in the fact that you can turn any pass play into a play action play, it makes it that much harder to defend. Don't hesitate to call a play action pass if you see your opponent likes to put 8 or 9 men in the box. All you need are one or two big plays to make your opponent think twice about loading the box to the stop the run.
- Learn to use pass route combinations online. If you can read the defense and know where to go with the ball, the streak, corner, flat route combo is very difficult to stop.
- Use hot routes and playmaker routes. If you spot something you can exploit in the defensive coverage that your opponent shows before the snap, call a hot route or a playmaker route to get a receiver open.
- Spot match-up problems based on how the defense lines up. If the defense comes out in some type of 4-3 man coverage, and you notice the halfback is matched up with a slow linebacker, look to attack your opponent's coverage mistake. Motion the halfback out of the backfield and hot route him on an out route. Once the halfback breaks to the side line, he'll get separation from the linebacker for easy pass competition.
- Slant routes aren't as effective in Madden NFL 07 as they were last year, since the defensive backs now play the slants better. However, out routes are pretty effective. Use them to keep your opponent honest.
- Streaks and fade routes are effective this year as long as the receiver has the speed to get deep. Use the pump fake, and if the safeties bite, look to go deep.
- When playing defense online this year, make sure to use the run/pass commit feature. If your opponent often uses play action as to move the ball through the air, press the Right Thumbstick up just after the snap. You'll keep the safeties from biting on the play fake as much, and put them in better position to defend the deep pass.
- Look for defenses with delayed blitz assignments. They do a good job at bringing the heat on the quarterback. The defender who uses delayed blitz assignments will frequently avoid getting blocked because the offensive linemen will tend to forget about him.
- If you're getting whomped on with the with the deep pass, be sure to put three or four defenders back in deep zone coverage. If your opponent has a fast receiver (93 or above), see where that receiver lines up. Once you spot him, take control of the safety on that side and manually cover him. If you don't, there's a good chance that the receiver will outrun the coverage and make the catch on the run.
- Zone coverage does a good job at keeping curls and slants in check this year. Use this to your advantage when you encounter these types of routes.
- Don't get overly aggressive when calling bump-n-run coverage. If a deep safety fails to help out, you must have better have a cornerback with a lot of speed? or have good manual stick control to make up for it. Otherwise, you'll often get beaten deep.
- Look for teams that have speed at the defensive ends so you don't have to blitz as much. The Colts and Giants have good pass- rushing defensive ends who can get pressure on the quarterback, without having to sacrifice the pass coverage.